Monday, September 15, 2014

白夜行


People always like happy ending - what a simple story, but does reality often allow for that?
If everything had been always so ideal, then there weren't be people whose dream is only to be able to walk under the sun.

"There is no sun in my sky - it is always night. But it's not dark, because something takes the place of the sun. Though its light is not as bright, but it's enough for me. With such light, I can take nights as if they were days. Do you understand how it is like? The sun is never in my life - so I am not afraid of losing anything."

The reason I like Japanese novelists is that they always catch the subtleties, and often present the beauty through shadow (tragedies, hardships, etc). It makes me aware of the complexity of society and life. I started to think in other people's shoes - it is often so easy to judge people but so hard to understand where they are coming from.

Love and sin, white and black, good and evil - what would you pick?
And if you had to kill someone to survive or to save your only soul mate, would you be guilty?
Can Scarlett be forgiven?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time has attested two diverging paths - compromise is indeed not possible at all. But still, best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment