Tuesday, March 24, 2015

PE 6: Reflection and Goal Statement

This semester my main goal for PE is to improve the naturalness of speech, use a variety of grammar structures to say longer sentences, and get used to casual speech. I have tried to keep up with the following:
1. Go to Japanese table every week. Now I start to go to the Forbe's table on Monday too, it is really helpful for training my listening skills and improving the speed of my speech. I also learnt a lot of useful short phrases.
2. Watch one anime episode every week. Currently following Kaiji, and sometimes I would watch drama episodes like Hanzawa Naoki. But recently I have been a bit slack on this, need to keep up.
3. Go to sensei's office hours every week. I have tried to make it twice each week, one to practice casual speech and the other for general conversation. But near midterm period I have been slack too.

What I will do for the next half of the semester:
1. Continue the above practice and don't slack.
2. Self-study some Nakama 2 chapters and try to practice the grammar structures with sensei.
3. Have more conversations with friends.

Miscellaneous:
Some preparation work for continuing to learn Japanese after graduation (if possible), such as asking sensei about what materials to follow for the 2nd year and up classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment